Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Despair

Expect naught but disappointment
Expect only to hope
Hope with full uncertainty
 


Away, away, you shall fly away,
O'er the peaks and vales
To the lands beyond.
Away, away, you shall fly away,
And never return to me.

Gone! Gone you shall be from me,
And I will never see you again.
Gone! Gone you shall be from me,
Thought I wait for you evermore.

                       (Christopher Paolini, 2005, Eldest)
~Revised~
Expect; to desire full of certainty
Expect naught but disappointment
Expect only to hope

Hope; to desire full of uncertainty
Uncertainty breeds desperation
The despair of the arrival of disappointment
Hope and not despair


IF: Expectation and disappointment are proportionate. Uncertainty and despair are proportionate. Hope and certainty are inversely proportionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment